Every year websites are becoming faster, stronger and more intuitive. As a result, consumers have been reconditioned to expect more. These 5 tips can help you meet the changing needs of consumers and maintain a competitive online presence.
- Put your best foot forward. You may not be able to create a brand new website, but you can make sure that your current site is as accurate and contemporary as possible. Making simple changes like uploading new photos and rewriting the content can have a profound effect and breathe new life into your website.
- Be interesting. Always remember that your website is there to benefit your customers. The information you publish should be of interest to them and go deeper than the obvious. By having an interesting website you can develop authority, increase your readership, and most importantly—stand out from the competition.
- Communicate respectfully. If you’re still sending out the same email blast or newsletter as two years ago, you are probably doing your business more harm than good. Now is the time to treat your consumers like gold. They are renewable resources that deserve the utmost respect. This means that when you communicate with your clients, it should always be meaningful and add value to their lives.
- Be interested. Having a website is about two-way communication. Ask your customers about what is important to them and get their feedback. Once you understand what they want—give it to them. When you are truly interested in the opinions of your audience, it can bring the fun and meaning back to online marketing.
- Track effectiveness. It is critical to find out what you are doing right and what you can improve. Get feedback through word of mouth, analytics, and online comments and then honor that response by giving people more of what they like and changing the things they don’t.
It is important to remember that your business website is simply an extension of your storefront. The customers that visit should be treated with the same respect and attention as someone walking into your store. By integrating these human elements into your website, marketing will become more effective, more fun to manage, and a true asset to your business.
Need assistance? Contact us, we’d love to help!