Redirection allows you to manage all your 301 redirects and monitor 404 errors. With Redirection, you don’t have to edit your .htaccess file directly – you can create and manage redirects from inside your WordPress website admin dashboard. It’s easy to install, configure and use:
To install, follow these standard WordPress plugin installation steps.
Default settings work well. Click on the Options tab if you wish to change settings.
Detailed documentation: https://redirection.me/support/
For simple page-to-page:
- Navigate to Tools > Redirects
- Source URL: enter the URL that you want to redirect somewhere else, minus the domain name. For example: /oldpage/that/needs/redirecting/
- Match: leave on URL only.
- Action: leave on Redirect to URL.
- Regular expression: leave unchecked.
- Target URL: enter the URL that the user will be redirected to. Use the full URL, for example: http://www.example.com/new-page/
Note that items can be re-ordered and this may influence which re-direction takes effect.